The 6th Annual Prosper Spring Clean Up will take place at S. Craig Street just East of Rucker Elementary. On March 18, 2017, 8:00 am-12:00 pm Prosper residents will be offered several different services.
This information has been provided by the Town of Prosper, Texas Government Facebook Page.
These services include:
1. Paper Shredding Services – On site secure shredding for document destruction. All clips, binder and rubber bands must be removed from the document.
2. E-Waste Recycling – Computers, televisions, electronic equipment, servers, monitors, printers, phone systems, components and cables will be recycled.
3. Bulk Item Disposal – Extra trash, household appliances, furniture, old mattresses and other large bulky household items will be accepted for disposal. No tires or construction waste will be accepted.
4. Tree and Yard Waste – Yard waste, scrap lumber, and tree branches will be sent to a composting facility.
5. Cardboard Recycling – Cardboard boxes should be empty and flattened.
6. Metal Recycling – Contact Waste Connections, Inc. with specific questions regarding types of metal.
7. Cornerstone Assistance Network of North Central Texas – Donations of furniture will be accepted and a tax receipt given upon request. No mattresses or box springs will be accepted.
8. Prosper Lion’s Club – Eyeglass Recycling – Eyeglasses that are no longer being used can be recycled and given to people in need. Eyeglasses will be cleaned, sorted by prescription strength, and packaged by a regional recycling center.
*Remember: Hazardous materials will NOT be collected at this event to include no tires, pool chemicals, construction material, paint, florescent light bulbs, cooking oil or gasoline.
*Event will involve Craig Road being closed to thru traffic beginning at First Street south to Preston Road from 7:30 am – 12:00 pm.
*Residents will be asked to present a current water bill and driver license as proof of Prosper Residency to enter the event.